For Seattle Shakespeare Company’s production of Medea, we will be expanding our post-show Talkback discussions. Talkbacks with artists and staff will take place following all Friday and Saturday evening performances in addition to the regularly scheduled discussions.
When deciding to expand the talkbacks, Artistic Director George Mount said, “Given that Medea pack quite a wallop into its swift 90 minutes on stage, we thought that our patrons might like to take some time to discuss aspects of the show and get access to the artists that helped create it.” Cast members, the director, the composer, and the dramaturg from Medea will be leading discussions on selected evenings.
The Talkbacks are free and any member of the audience is welcome to stay after the show to participate in the discussion about Medea. Concessions and the bar will be open after the performance.
Medea Talkback Schedule
- Saturday, October 22 at 9:15 PM – Artistic Director George Mount and Managing Director John Bradshaw
- Sunday, October 23 at 3:45 PM – Cast members of Medea
- Thursday, October 27 at 9:15 PM – Cast members of Medea
- Friday, October 28 at 9:15 PM – Artistic Director George Mount and Managing Director John Bradshaw
- Saturday, October 29 at 9:15 PM – Artistic Director George Mount and Managing Director John Bradshaw
- Sunday, October 30 at 3:45 PM – Cast members of Medea
- Friday, November 4 at 9:15 PM – Medea Dramaturg Sara Keats
- Saturday, November 5 at 9:15 PM – Medea Director Kelly Kitchens
- Friday, November 11 at 9:15 PM – Medea Dramaturg Sara Keats
- Saturday, November 12 at 9:15 PM – Medea Composer Shenandoah Davis
In addition to the Talkbacks, Seattle Shakespeare Company offers patrons a pre-show Jumpstart lecture led by Sean Patrick Taylor. The Jumpstart lecture is a great way to prepare for the production and gain insights into the show. The lectures are held in the lobby and are free and open to patrons with tickets to the performance.
Medea Jumpstart Schedule
- Thursday, October 27 at 6:30 PM
- Saturday, October 29 at 1:00 PM