Bring a Play to You
The Spring 2024 tour will travel from April 22 to June 1, 2024. Bookings will open in the early autumn.
Macbeth In-Person Tour
How Does Booking a Tour Work?
Pack 6 actors, costumes, set pieces, sound equipment, props, and pipe and drape into a van and bring it all to your school for a 70ish-minute Shakespeare performance with an optional 15-minute post-show talkback.
Provide a minimum 25′ x 25′ space for our playing space and backstage area, 6 chairs, access to bathrooms, access to a private changing area (which can be bathrooms that students are not using during actor setup) access to drinking water, and a place to park our touring van. (If you have a lighting setup and a board operator, we can use a “day” look and an “evening/night” look, and bring a prompt book for the light board op to use.)
Interested in planning a trip with your students to see a show on our mainstage? Learn more about our student matinees.
Interested in scheduling a class workshop with a teaching artist? Learn more about our in-school residencies.
- Cost per show: $1,800
- Scholarship-level cost per show: $1,000
- Pre-Show Workshop: $110 per workshop (approximately 45-65 minutes, up to 35 students)
- Talkback after the Show: Free
- Study Guide Before the Show: Free
Mileage applies to any school farther than 20 miles from Seattle Center.
Per diem applies to any day that spans more than one meal.
Accommodations are needed for any day: longer than 10 hours, if the beginning of the day (including a realistic drive time and 1 hour of setup time) would be earlier than 6:30AM, if the end of the day (including a talkback, clean up time, and a realistic drive time) would be later than 10:00 PM; and/or if the tour would be returning to a school the following day and drive time is long.
Please ask if you are unsure whether your school requires accommodations.
- Travel to and from school: $0.63 per mile each direction, from Seattle Center
- Accommodations (if needed): $288 per night for most areas. Costs will be higher in Port Angeles ($312), Richland/Pasco ($315), Ocean Shores ($333), Spokane ($342), and Vancouver ($546).
- Per diem for actors: $265.50 for first/last day of travel, $354 for a full day of travel (if there’s a 3rd day in the middle of two half days). For the above-listed cities, costs will be $333 for first/last day and $444 for full days.