Seattle Shakespeare Company
Position Title: Marketing Associate
Reports To: Communications Director
Department: Marketing & Communications
With the plays of William Shakespeare at our core, Seattle Shakespeare Company engages our audiences, our artists, and our community in the universal human experience inherent in classic drama through the vitality, immediacy, and intimacy of live performance and dynamic outreach programs.
Founded in 1991, Seattle Shakespeare Company is Washington State’s leading professional, classical theatre. The company has an annual budget of $2 million, of which $1.2 million is contributed. The company has finished 19 of the last 20 years in the black and has a comfortable cash reserve. Seattle Shakespeare Company is governed by a 16-person Board of Directors and has a core of 12 staff members, with plans to grow by 3-5 positions over the next 6 months.
Position Summary: The Marketing Associate is an entry-level position in the Marketing & Communications department, responsible for aiding in the development and implementation of marketing plans for the organization. Their primary focus will be on project management and the design of print and digital materials for all departments in the organization.
For more on Seattle Shakespeare Company, please see our website at seattleshakespeare.org.
Applying for Multiple Positions: Seattle Shakespeare Company is hiring for five different part-time Associate positions this fall. Applicants are welcome to apply for more than one position, and to indicate if they would be interested in a full-time option that combines the responsibilities of two positions. There is an SSC Associate Job Application for all five positions that must be filled out to indicate your preferences.
Compensation: Seattle Shakespeare has a banded pay structure with all associates and coordinators salaried at $24.25/hour (approx. $25k/year for this part time, 20 hr/week position). Hours are flexible with the exception of special events and our office is currently hybrid (in person/remote). Benefits would be based on part- or full-time status. Part-time benefits include vacation and sick days. Full-time benefits also include medical and vision.
Position Closing Date: Open until filled. Priority application deadline is December 2, 2022. Preferred start date is early January 2023.
Essential Functions Include:
- Create and manage the graphic design work for the company, both print and digital, including:
- key art and assets for 4-5 mainstage shows
- advertising and media assets
- summer Wooden O productions
- Program layout
- education tours and workshops
- fundraising appeals
- front of house materials like signage and dramaturgical content
- Identify design needs and watch for design and marketing trends
- Advise on art direction and aesthetics
- Project management, content curation, design, editing, proof circulation, and print production
- Update company website as needed
- Manage/organize archives
- Assist with tracking expenses
- Perform general administrative tasks for marketing and communications department
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and communications skills
- Proficiency with graphic design tools (especially with Adobe products like Photoshop and Indesign)
- Web design experience, or the interest in learning content management systems like WordPress
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel)
- Attention to detail, particularly with regard to text and dates
- The fundamental belief that Shakespeare is for everybody
- Experience with email tools like Mailchimp
- Knowledge of print production including preparation of files for print, image standards, and press checks
- Familiarity with nonprofit performing arts
- Database use (particularly Salesforce)
- Awareness of and informed about social media platforms
- Photography and/or videography, including editing
- A point of view not currently represented by the SSC staff
Are you interested in the work, but unsure if you qualify? We want to hear from you! Did you know that global majority populations, women, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQIA+ community are less likely to apply for jobs where they don’t meet 100% of the qualifications? We know we are a stronger company when we share a variety of perspectives, so we’d love to hear yours.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com