Seattle Shakespeare Company
Position Summary: The Box Office Associates are generally the first direct contact with Seattle Shakespeare Company that patrons will experience. As such, they are a vital representative of Seattle Shakespeare to our community and vital to our patron relationships. The Box Office Associate is responsible for phone, window and online sales. The Box Office Associate plays a key role as part of marketing and customer relations for the theatre. They must be a self-starter, a good communicator, multi-tasker and a team player.
Reports To: Box Office Manager and Communications Director
This is a part time, hourly position. $18.00
Working Hours: Hours will vary depending on performance dates
To Apply: email cover letter, resume and 2 references to Lorri McGinnis
- Present a positive and welcoming first impression to patrons
- Have accurate keyboarding skills
- Knowledge of computer software programs including point of sale systems, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook a plus
- Assist patrons, staff, cast and crew with ticket purchases, exchanges, will call, comps and troubleshooting any problems via phone, in person or online
- Be knowledgeable about our shows, performances and performance spaces
- Be organized and detail oriented
- Update posted information and keep display cases and front counters clean and organized
- Understand and relate SSC policies to customers
- Follow proper cash handling procedures and complete a Daily Sales Report
- Demonstrate a commitment to racial equity
- Must be available weekends and evenings
- Ability to take direction and work supervised or unsupervised
- Participate in additional projects as needed
Are you interested in the work, but unsure if you qualify? We want to hear from you! Did you know that global majority populations, women, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQIA+ community are less likely to apply for jobs where they don’t meet 100% of the qualifications? We know we are a stronger company when we share a variety of perspectives, so we’d love to hear yours.
Position is open until filled.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org