Box Office Associate
Position Summary: The Box Office Associates are generally the first direct contact with Seattle Shakespeare Company that patrons will experience. As such, they are a vital representative of Seattle Shakespeare to our community and vital to our patron relationships. The Box Office Associate is responsible for phone, window and online sales. The Box Office Associate plays a key role as part of marketing and customer relations for the theatre. They must be a self-starter, a good communicator, multi-tasker and a team player.
Reports To: Box Office Manager
This is a part time, hourly position. $20.00
Working Hours: Hours will vary depending on performance dates
To Apply: email cover letter, resume, and two references to Lorri McGinnis at email@example.com
- Present a positive and welcoming first impression to patrons
- Have accurate keyboarding skills
- Knowledge of computer software programs including point of sale systems, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook a plus
- Assist patrons, staff, cast and crew with ticket purchases, exchanges, will call, comps and troubleshooting any problems via phone, in person or online
- Be knowledgeable about our shows, performances and performance spaces
- Be organized and detail oriented
- Update posted information and keep display cases and front counters clean and organized
- Understand and relay SSC policies to customers
- Follow proper cash handling procedures and complete a Daily Sales Report
- Demonstrate a commitment to racial equity
- Must be available weekends and evenings
- Ability to take direction and work supervised or unsupervised
- Participate in additional projects as needed
Position Summary: House Managers at Seattle Shakespeare Company are responsible for overseeing house management functions during performances that Seattle Shakespeare Company produces at the Center Theatre, Seattle Center.
Reports To: Front of House Manager
This is a part-time, hourly position. $23.00 per hour.
Working Hours: Hours will vary depending on performance dates.
To Apply: email cover letter, resume, and 2 references to Thalia Shelver at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oversee the performance functions of the lobby and front of house;
- Facilitate smooth communication between front of house and production team and box office personnel during performances;
- Manage volunteers at shows;
- Be responsible for reporting front of house maintenance needs and issues to the Seattle Center as they arise;
- Troubleshoot any attendee problems, providing a good customer service experience and ensuring that all patrons have a clean, safe and enjoyable experience while in the venue.
Qualifications: House management or equivalent experience encouraged, but not required. Strong management, interpersonal, organization and communications skills are required. Computer-literacy is a must as well as basic accounting skills. Creativity, imagination, flexibility and dedication are necessary attributes. The candidate must be a team player with a sense of humor and a passion for challenge. Must be available for evening and weekend shifts, and ability to work student matinee performances (Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10.30 am) is a plus.