Website Seattle Shakespeare Company
Reports To: Production Manager
Position Summary: The Associate Technical Director will work in partnership with Seattle Shakespeare’s Artistic Director and Production Manager in implementing Seattle Shakespeare’s productions. Primary responsibilities include supervising load-in and strike; providing technical support to producers, directors and designers; overseeing budgets; and serving as a liaison with the Technical Directors at performance venues.
Compensation: This is a part-time salaried position; 20 hours per week, salary DOE. Benefits include paid vacation and holidays.
- Evaluate and communicate costs and feasibility of non-scenic design elements to producers, including technical and engineering information.
- Manage non-scenic elements of load-in, work calls, show crews, and strike.
- Manage pick up and return of rented/borrowed show elements (scenic and otherwise).
- Communicate with TD of scenic build and TDs of venues that Seattle Shakespeare Company performs in (i.e. Center Theatre, Cornish Playhouse, Leo K).
- Generates and reviews technical calendar and crew call schedules with Production Manager.
- Responsible for assigned research and development and procurement of technical equipment.
- Attend technical rehearsals and production meetings as needed and tend to all resulting notes in a timely fashion.
- Basic inventory keeping and budget tracking.
- Comprehensive knowledge of technical theatre, including all types of scenic construction, rigging, lighting, sound, and video/projection.
- Comfortable in AutoCAD/Vectorworks.
- Familiarity with Excel.
- Must be able to work non-traditional hours, including nights/weekends.
- At least 25 years of age.
- Valid Washington State driver’s license.
- Able to safely lift up to 40lbs regularly and 60lbs on occasion.
- Initiative, reliability, accuracy, effective communication skills (written and verbal), strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, in a team environment, and multi-task.
Seattle Shakespeare Company Mission Statement: With the plays of William Shakespeare at our core, Seattle Shakespeare Company engages our audiences, our artists, and our community in the universal human experience inherent in classic drama through the vitality, immediacy, and intimacy of live performance and dynamic outreach programs.
Seattle Shakespeare Company Overview: Founded in 1991, Seattle Shakespeare Company is the State of Washington’s leading professional, classical theatre. We pursue our mission through four arms of programming: 1) an indoor season of plays in venues at Seattle Center, 2) Wooden O’s outdoor summer season of free Shakespeare in Puget Sound region parks, 3) touring programs that span Washington State, from Pullman to Port Angeles, and 4) education programs that, with our touring performances, serve 220 schools and more than 26,000 young people each year.
Please send email resume and cover letter to Louise Butler, Production Manager by Oct. 6, 2017. Position will remain open until filled.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org