Teaching Shakespeare to students can be a challenge. The hurdle of trying to understand the heightened language is just one of them. We help Shakespeare’s words and stories come alive for students with engaging classroom exercises that demystify the stories and build an appreciation for the world’s most influential person that ever lived.
Download Seattle Shakespeare Company’s free Shakespeare Teaching Guide. Ensure that your students get a deeper understanding of the plays and the playwright with exercises and lessons that are both fun and informative.
By reading this guide, you will:
- Explore the universal ideas in Shakespeare’s plays
- Play with language that will have students howling with laughter
- Get students up on their feet engaging with the play both physically and mentally
- Help students discover the words they use everyday that are attributed to Shakespeare
- Find parallels between the choices students make every day and the choices characters have to make throughout the play.